About the company.

How it started.


In 1935 Lloyd McArthur bought out Sioux City Sheet Metal renaming the business to McArthur Sheet Metal.

Located on 418 Court Street in Sioux City, IA, McArthur Sheet Metal became known as a light gauge metal shop. Not just selling sheet metal, the shop started manufacturing sky-lights, gutters, and gutter flashing.


Where we are now.


In 2015, David McArthur, son of Terry McArthur, took over and expanded the family business. The start of the 6000 square foot new building was taken place adjacent to the existing building.

Being completed in 2016, McArthur Sheet Metal purchased a Bystronic 3000K Fiber Laser, Bystronic 10,000K Fiber ByStar Laser, 2018 Bystronic 248 Ton Press Break, deburring machine, and solid-works modeling.

With this expansion, McArthur Sheet Metal is now a full service job shop, laser cutting, and forming material while still producing the same sheet metal products as when the business was started.

Along the way.

We’ve changed tremendously over the last 80+ years of service. All for the better.

  • 1936

    Harold McArthur, Lloyd’s nephew, became a partner to the company .

  • 1952

    with the business growing, Harold and Terry decided to build a new building in South Sioux City. This is the year McArthur Sheet Metal started working with light gauge stainless steel to make stainless ducts, chutes, and tables for the food industry.

  • 1973

    Lloyd McArthur retired from the business and Harold’s son, Terry McArthur, joined.

  • 1978

    McArthur Sheet Metal was forced to move due to the new combination bridge being built. This is the current location of the business, 501 West 9th Street, South Sioux City, NE. This gave the business the opportunity to start working with heavier gauge metals. With a stainless steel food industry being a strong point they started building tables, slide chutes, catwalks, and handrails.